No matter what type of business you have, it’s important to find as many ways as possible to show your customers love. What’s great about that is that they’ll return the love to you in numerous ways – such as sharing with their friends, buying more, and becoming devoted fans shouting your praises to everyone.
1. Personalize Where You Can – When you personalize the service you give your customers, they do notice. Sending an email with their name, and sending thank-you notes with their name mentioned, help build the relationship closer. Even though most consumers realize that automation is used, they are still impressed, and they still appreciate it and notice it.
2. Build Relationships – The way to build a relationship is to open communication so that it’s both ways. Ask them questions, respond to their questions, and help the communication become two-way instead of one-way. Make it easy for them to contact you too, otherwise it will be hard to build a relationship.
3. Call Them Personally – When someone spends a lot of money with you for the first time, a nice phone call is always appreciated. Even if you just leave a voice message, they will know that you thought enough about them to thank them. It’s amazing how great a personal phone call can make people feel.
4. Offer Them Something Free – Even after someone makes a purchase, you can still offer freebies to them. Let’s say they purchased your amazing Fat-Free Cookbook. You could send them an easy-to-follow pantry guide for free with the purchase.
5. Thank Them – Never pass up an opportunity to thank your customers. Thank them on social media. Thank them personally, and thank them on your blog and website. The more thanks you show to your customers, the more they’re going to trust you and want to buy more from you.
6. Send a Satisfaction Survey – One way to connect with your customers is to give them some time to use whatever they bought from you, then send them a simple survey that asks about their satisfaction and takes another opportunity to thank them.
7. Provide Excellent and Fast Customer Service – Your customers need many ways to contact you. Don’t make it difficult for them. They need many ways to get service, from email to phone. Don’t make them spend time trying to figure out how to contact you.
The more you can surprise and delight your audience, the better. Doing just that little something extra can make all the difference in the world. Try to think outside the box about ways that you can please your customers – ways that are inexpensive to you but mean a lot to them.